I’ve been meaning to post all of this for a while now, but for some reason I got quite a bit behind in a couple of my classes this semester! But it’s okay, I’m catching up and throwing my butt into gear and getting ahead in liberal arts over Spring Break so I can make sure to keep up on my studio classes as well.
I’m uploading this as a video because we had numerous storyboards and I figured it would be easier for you to view this way! The process was pretty crazy on this project, our idea definitely transformed several times, and we had several different storyboards, but here was our last one that we did prior to beginning the actual filming and editing of all the footage and animation.
Here is the video clip for the motion test that we did for our animation prior to recording and creating the final files. Illustration by Justin Skaggs, animation/editing by me.
Our filming process took roughly a week’s worth of footage, due to having to work within the time constraints of daylight in addition to our conflicting schedules. I seriously had over 184 clips of footage to sift through, edit, and clip together. I know you don’t wanna see all the B-Footage guys, but at least you know that there was a lot. haha
Anyway, during the process, I was waiting on Justin to come up with the actual narrative because I really enjoy his writing style and ideas when it comes to stuff like this. I love doing editing and directing, so I was excited for that part. As for the illustrations, that was also Justin’s doing and I was going to animate everything. In the end, due to our timing issues, we both did the animations. The full animation sequences were courtesy of Justin, while I was in charge of incorporating the animation into the live action sequences as well as editing the timing and transition of all the footage.
While working on the animations and such, we were trying to figure out the best way to explain the process of how to make the pinata without actually doing any voice overs or narratives. The result? Well, we edited into the live book footage that we had, Well, we edited into the live book footage that we had, so that you will always know the materials you need as well as measurements wherever necessary.
Once we decided to do this, we also realized that we need typography to accompany everything. Instead of just taking a random typeface (well, we took one — Din Pro) and sticking it in there, I also created a custom alphabet based on our native inspirations.
Here are some images of that.
I’ll actually put this in a separate post. Justin should be sending me his clips soon so I can put it in the video, but I have class in a few minutes so I’ll have to render the final file and upload it as soon as I get out of class. (Roughly 4PM-4:30PM).
Sorry about that guys, it will definitely be up today though!!!!!!!!!!!!!